Friday, November 22, 2013

Vegas! Marine Corps Marathon....

Vegas. Every year my USMC friends meet in Vegas for the USMC birthday. We usually stay only 3 days but this year we decided to do 4 days. I did only skip one day of training. I missed yoga on Sunday. On Monday I did get up in the morning and started my training again. It was the second run session of week 6 in my program. I ran a mile today at the hotel and I'll finish up week 6 tomorrow.


My food and drink was another story. I definitely felt the bad food choices from the week during my run. I didn't drink enough water. I'm glad to be returning home. I will be changing out my food to focus on training for a marathon. Not just any marathon..... The Marine Corps Marathon, the ultimate marathon to me. I just need to do it once. It's a bucket list goal and I have my two girl friends who were also Marines. So we would love to have more female Marines join us! Let me know by private message on Facebook or Twitter if anyone is interested!

Our reward for finishing the marathon. A shirt, a MCM medal, and to be able to say we did it!!! 
This was this year's medal.... 
It's the people's marathon!! 
Ciao
USMCdaffy

No comments:

Post a Comment