Monday, January 2, 2017

So It Begins....

2017 is here. I went out of town for the New Year. To California. Where it rained. Not nice warmish rain... COLD HORRIBLE RAIN. Bleh. Which is what I left in Arizona. RAIN - slightly warmer RAIN. Bleh. My plan was to run January 1st. However... I did not run. After driving all day in the rain the day before the whole crappy weather business kind of just sucked the fun out of the run idea.


Fortunately.... I have the lovely FitStar Yoga app. It is wonderful! I pay for premium so I get a lot more yoga session available to me but you can download the app for free and there are free sessions on there... And the company switches the sessions up so there are new ones to choice from. All different lengths. I did one that I had never done before. Since I drove 6 hours the day before I picked a session that focused on stretching my lower half.

About 40 minutes, called Light & Limber. Its a free one!

Light & Limber is about 40 minutes. It was more stretching then strength kind of session. The cool thing about this app is that it shows you all the poses before starting the session and if you pause it during a pose you can mark it easy, just right, or too hard. The app takes that into account next time you do a session. It modifies it to you.

Test it out! Its free. Its also a good way to learn some yoga moves at a slower pace. I really enjoy it. I have it on my iphone but I can also put it on my iPad!



Ciao
USMCdaffy

PS. I did my first run today, PearSports 30 minutes. Okay, first one of 2017

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing the FitStar Yoga info. I used to go to regular yoga sessions a few years ago, but can't afford to, now. So this sounds like a good substitute.

    Nice job for your first run of the new year--another thing i need to get back to doing. :-)

    ReplyDelete