Monday, February 13, 2012

Sick, Still!!! Progress in the P90X2 journey. (old unpublished one)



Yuck! Still sick! If you have been reading my facebook updates you know I have been sick for now week number three. Tired of this nose/sinus issue! I have had severe allergy/sinus/nose issues in the past and it's LOATHESOME! Week one I didn't really take any medications and I was coming to my first Rest/Recovery week after finishing Phase I (four weeks!) of P90X2. So instead of Yoga X2 & Recovery and Mobility DVD that week I didnt do anything. I started week 5 STILL sick but I finished. I didnt do Yoga X2 that week because I could not bend over with my head sooooo stuffed! YIKES! Again rested on my Recovery & Mobilty DVD day!
polar bear sneezing
I am on DAY FOUR of another over the counter medicine. This time I got Mucinex-D. HA! It is the most hard core top of the line over the counter medicine- MOST powerful! How do I know aside from the tons of milligrams of meds crammed in each pill/ It's TWENTY-SIX dollars. YES! You read correctly $26 AT Walmart... That about a dollar a pill. It BETER be working... Its my last attempt on my own before going to the doctor. I've already been through one bottle of Theraflu and some of the Alka-Selzter super pills, 6 boxes of kleenex, one bottle of nose spray (#2 was bought yesterday) and countless cough drops! Bought another hefty pack of sugarless cough drops. This is the finale chance. I think it might be working....

This is officially day one of week two of Phase II. Going so well! The first week of a new routine is me basically flopping around trying to figure out modifications, new moves, etc. Basically like a prep week for all the exercises that are new. This week I really kick it into gear. Plus I write down my reps this week. I am still using bands and not a pullup bar. I do recognize that I either need stronger, tougher bands or a free standing pullup bar. I think I am going to do the bands. I also would like some pushup stands. I have been doing ALL my pushups on my toes and I have been able to more then before. Am I where I want to be? No. But I am progressing like I want to be doing at this point. YES! Can I do all reps? No. But its progress and progress is really what I am looking for at this point. I have a long way to do go on this long journey. I'm rather then I have been before.
Pinned Image
Today I decided that during Ab Ripper X2 that I was going to do 11 of EVERY exercise. Granted its not all of them but its the most I have ever done! YES! It does not make me feel bad or down on myself that I can't do all the reps. More progress. Day to day. Week to Week.

Tony Horton says " Do your best. Forget the rest." Thanks Tony. I needed that.

Ciao
USMCdaffy
Scroll to Top
Scroll to TopScroll to Top

No comments:

Post a Comment