Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Marine Corps Marathon and the Semper Fi Fund Charity

I did it!! I signed up for the Marine Corps Marathon. I decided to go through the Semper Fi Fund charity.  http://semperfifund.org

There are so many reasons I decided to go through a charity to sign up for this marathon. It's called the People's Marathon and this charity is for Marines. It's for Marines, about Marines, helping Wounded Warrior Marines…. And why wouldn't I?

I am a Marine. Avery big part of being a Marine is the camaraderie and that you don't leave a man behind. This a very big part for me. I am firm believer of never leaving anyone behind so by being part of this great organization I am doing my part to help other Marines. A marathon takes time and dedication with training. But I can still run and live a normal regular life. These Marines do not have that luxury anymore. Semper Fi Fund helps in so many different ways from housing to cars to even providing K9 for these Wounded Warriors.

I am very strong believer in K9 and wounded warriors. I think that in lots of situations that a dog can help someone more then medication. Dogs bring comfort and safety these Marines who feel very unsafe and anxious living in the regular world.

This isn't what you believe about war or the President or even the Marine Corps, its about helping those who need help. Please donate a few dollars, there is no minimum.

http://www.active.com/donate/semperfifundmcm2014/SFFCGoddar

The minimum donation requirement for this program (MCM2014) is $500 by August 1, 2014. I would like to raise $2,000. So lets go!!

THANK YOU!
USMCdaffy



No comments:

Post a Comment