Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Scary... Lost goal- FOUND!!

Last night I woke up gasping for air... It scared the holy crap out of me! My fear? That its sleep apnea! What?? Sleep apnea?? Ok. It's probably not but it still scared me. So I really started to think about taking this turn around health thing seriously. I have to be honest and I have been in denial PLUS I find that I can pretty much use any excuse for poor eating. I can find ANY excuse. This in fact is my main problem. I don't eat when I am bored. I don't eat when I am upset but I can eat some bad things... I love salt. I prefer savory over sweet. I can go for months without candy, ice scream, cookies, sugar, etc. Its the fat, the salt, the potatoes... ANY kind of potatoe!! Oh fast food.. Deep fry..

As I was doing my workout today I started thinking. A very long time ago I wanted to do the Marine Corps Mud Run. It's world famous and its open to the public now. As I was huffing away at my elliptical machine I started trying to figure how long it would take to get in shape. This 10k mud run is NO JOKE. If you are not in great shape you can really get hurt. I already have torn my meniscus and it totally derailed my cardio for a very long time. I was forced to do yoga while I was waiting to heal. Now I love yoga and it is helpful mentally/emotionally (especially as a dispatcher) but I miss my heart pounding lung screaming cardio! So I just don't want to get there and get hurt because it SUCKS!! As I have been injured I have come to realize how much I need that cardio because of my job. It burns off the hate.. LOL All my stress leaves and I feel better. But adding yoga into my workout has made me a lot happier and more relaxed.

SO! I my goal is to do the USMC Mud Run June 2012. I officially have stopped the BS and the denial in my food. Better food choices is a MUST. Its all about free will!

Ciao
USMCDaffy

PS Memorial Day weekend for a dispatcher is in fact EXTREMELY busy! But we all made it out okay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment