Friday, June 4, 2010

Venti vs Vending Machine....

I should have had the Venti. I love love love Starbucks. I don't have it often because it is very addicting for me! I try not to drink too much caffeine and I try to get as much sleep as possible. No matter how many energy drinks or coffees or sugar you consume eventually you will crash. Being tired is only cured by sleep. I am the FIRST person to say that it can be very difficult to get that sleep. Back to the Venti. Usually I get a hot venti non fat white chocolate mocha no whip or a hot venti non late latte with hazenut no whip. Most of the time I don't have time to pick up a coffee. Because usually I am racing to work and getting there in the nick of time. I should have made time last night. I should have made time for the coffee.

Last night I was tired. Dead tired by midnight. That is B-A-D! That means I have another SIX HOURS until I go home and then it is a 40ish mile commute home. It is a painful ride home when I am tired. OH so painful many times over the years.. Anywho! I did an unholy thing. I made a trip to the vending machine. I slinked over there and got some bad bad stuff. I don't do energy drinks and there was no coffee. I bought a Mountain Dew. The soda with the record number of caffeine. Also rumored to make men drop sperm count... People DRINK this stuff. Then I got some Cheetos. That color is not of nature! Its totally man made!! Then of course a Snickers bar. Was it necessary? At the time I thought it was but I have to take into account the delirium. Severe delirium! I wasn't tired after that. How could I be? I had enough sugar and caffeine (only 1/3 of the soda drank!) to last me for the night right? Not exactly. I was okay for a while. Then I started to feel myself come down off my sugar/caffeine high. I didn't crash per se but I could feel it slowly lowering... BOO! Dang! UGH!! Two more hours!!

I can say I made it home safe and sound. Beat down tired but home... And yet another discovery about myself. I prefer the Venti over the vending machine and sleep over the Venti. And that overloading myself with sugar and caffeine is no bueno my friends... I'll be working on my sleep on days off AND I am staying away from vending machines. Yuck.

Ciao
USMCdaffy

No comments:

Post a Comment